Search This Blog

Saturday, January 2, 2016

A wedding toast by Mitch Rubman

First I would like to thank everyone for coming today, to join us to celebrate(sel-uh-breyt), this wonderful moment in our lives.
Also I would like to share with you a story.
One night I was driving home in the dark on a narrow(nar-oh) hillside road. And suddenly I caught site of two silhouettes of a boy and a girl on the side of the road walking their bicycles.
There was something about them, a fondness, for each other, a sense of togetherness that touched my soul.
And I thought, about life… how sometimes we walk slowly together, other times we fly down the road and other times the road is dark and narrow and we need to be close to each other.
And this couple(kuhp-uhl) is special they have a rhythm(rith-uhm) together, ---a connectedness, like soul mates on a date.
They will be fine walking their bicycles and I continued driving home.
At home I was upstairs when I heard a noise(noiz) coming from downstairs.  Who could this be? I asked myself.
So, I went downstairs and much to my surprise, “here they are.”
A boy and girl, that’s how I met Jim for the first time.
And that’s how I saw Julia and Jim for the first time together.
And I could see that the light was love, and how sweet and strong this love is.
In life, we often have to fly, run and walk through difficult times-- but with love that enlightens anything is possible.
Ladies and gentlemen, let us toast to the happiness of the newlyweds,

Raise(reyz) your glasses, to Jim and Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment