Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2016

Phrases and Clichés 2:

Exercise 1: Recite the phrase and then the sentence aloud.
Exercise 2: Create your own sentence.


  1. A babe in the woods:
She was just a babe in the woods at her first audition.
  1. A day I will never forget:
The day I graduated from college with my parents proudly in the audience was a day I will never forget.
  1. After all is said and done:
After all is said and done the movie did make a profit.
  1. Believe it or not:
Believe it or not I did get that job.
  1. In one ear and out the other:
Jama’s (jaymas) father explained the stock market to her, but it went in one ear and out the other.
  1. Budding(buhdng) genius:
She was called a budding genius after her violin recital (ri-sahyt-l).
  1. Busy as a bee:
Sorry I didn’t get to it; I’ve just been busy as a bee.
  1. Butterflies in my stomach:
Sometimes before going on stage I get butterflies in my stomach.
  1. By leaps and bounds:
The understudy’s performance was better by leaps and bounds.
  1. Easier said than done:
Shooting that chase scene was easier said than done.
  1. Eats like a hog:
The Football Captain eats like a hog.
  1. Fought like a tiger:
That’s because on the field the Captain fought like a tiger.
  1. Good as gold:
His word is as good as gold.
  1. Head over heels:
The first time I met her, I fell head over heels and was mesmerized (mez-muh-rahyzd).
©Copyright 2016 by Mitch Rubman, All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in any form or by any means without the written permission of the copyright owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment