Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Mitch Rubman's American English Questions

 American English Questions

Can I get a glass of water? Can I have a glass of water? May I please have a glass of water?
Sure, would you like ice?
Could you please repeat that?
Would you like ice?
Yes. Do you know the code to the bathroom?
Its 12580
Excuse me?
One hundred twenty-five eight -oh
How are things with you?
Let me go to the bathroom. Be right back.
How are things?
Great, now much better.
How are you doing today?
Wonderful, just got a raise.
How are you doing?
Terrible just got fired.
How are you?
Getting better.
How have you been?
Not bad, okay.
How is your work these days?
Good, thanks for asking.
How old are you?
Too old. Thirty-nine.
How’s everything?
Just peachy.
How’s it going?
Been better.
How’s life?
Outstanding.
How’s your day going?
Good, just had lunch.
How’s your day?
Long, had to take the metro.
How’ve you been?
Great, just got here.
I’m sorry, What’s your name again? I have a short memory.
Simple. Mark.
It’s nice to meet you.
Great to finally meet you.
May I help you?
Pardon me.
May I help you?
Pleased to meet you
What are you doing?
Writing my thesis.
What are you thinking?
Almost done.
What can I do for you?
Get me a pizza.
What can I help you with?
Algebra.


No comments:

Post a Comment